Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sunrise to Sunset

2die4fashion: Father and daughter. Hella adorable. πŸšΌπŸ†’❤ #father...



2die4fashion:

Father and daughter. Hella adorable. πŸšΌπŸ†’❤ #father #instadaily #daddy #baby #love #instalove #adorable

small-town-dreamer: feyminism: #me when i'm a parent  i...





small-town-dreamer:

feyminism:

 

"People need to be encouraged. People need to be reminded of how wonderful they are. People need to..."

"People need to be encouraged. People need to be reminded of how wonderful they are. People need to be believed in—told that they are brave and smart and capable of accomplishing all the dreams they dream and more. Remind each other of this."

- Stacey Jean Speer (via feministcontent)

iloveyoulikealot: i am reminded that english is a flawed language every time I am forced to use...

iloveyoulikealot:

i am reminded that english is a flawed language every time I am forced to use "that that" in a sentence

Photo



Photo









Photo



Photo



the whites: LOL NIGGA, RATCHET, WEAVES, BLACK PEOPLE ARE SO GHETTO, STUPID NIGGERS

the whites: LOL NIGGA, RATCHET, WEAVES, BLACK PEOPLE ARE SO GHETTO, STUPID NIGGERS
black people: could y'all not that shit hurt our feelings
the whites: LIKE OH MY GOD IT'S JUST WORDS I HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH STOP BEING OFFENDED
black people: you know what fuck y'all you fucking pasty white racist assholes
the whites: why would you say such a thing. you people are nothing but bullies bullying is wrong and you should be a shamed of yourselves I'm a person I have feelings

Photo



Photo



zooophagous: iraffiruse: Frozach Submitted I feel like this...





















zooophagous:

iraffiruse:

Frozach Submitted

I feel like this post changed my life

When I see a thick woman

What goes on in my head : The heavens must be in turmoil for they have lost an angel to the world of man. Your body is nothing short of the result of immaculate genes and impeccable design. The way your body moves reminds me of a coy pond; moving ever gracefully in a fluid motion. Truly you have been blessed by some deity for your posterior is positively astounding. Such an ample amount of perfection laid perfectly on the body of goddess, even Venus herself would be re-missed not to recognize your temple as better than hers.

What comes out: " Damn she got asssss thooo"

Post-It Notes from a Stay-At-Home Dad.





















Post-It Notes from a Stay-At-Home Dad.

ohdeardaeja:  



ohdeardaeja:

 

Photo



blackintellect: youngblackandvegan: tribecalledbee: winefineda...


http://winefinedarkchicks.tumblr.com/



blackintellect:

youngblackandvegan:

tribecalledbee:

winefinedarkchicks:

WineFineDarkChicks

You Guys, it's Janelle Monae. We all know she's beautiful in her uniform, but OH MY GOSH!

She looks radiant

my wife is flawless

GUHLAWDHAVMERCY *Bernie Mac Voice*

I'm late as usual.

But here is my take on Miguel’s tweets that caused a bit of commotion this past week.

Now I don’t have a problem with any of his tweets, cause what he thinks is none of my business and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but there are two I’m going to highlight.

Im proud of my heritage but honestly, black people are the most judgmental people in the world. Shits sad man.

AND

Of course EVERYONE is judgemental. I just PERSONALLY believe WE are the most critical of our own.

Okay. I just copied and pasted what he wrote, so don’t tell me what wrong with it. I know.

But anyway.

Here’s my perspective. If he wanted to get black people’s attention, the first tweet is fine. If he wanted them to pay attention to the tweets after that tweet, then that’s where he messed up.

The first tweet is a generalization that there is absolutely no proof of. And when stuff like that is said, it’s hard to determine motive. It also seemed like just a lash out of emotions. And I can’t say for a fact that it was, but it just seems like one of those moments where you say things without thinking first. Black people are judgmental of who? Everybody? What is the point of that being said? Where is the fixer? And most importantly, where is the proof? But I don’t think that’s what he really meant. I think the second tweet he highlighted is what he really meant in the first one.

The second tweet is more believable. The second tweet acknowledges that is a personal view and it’s feels less condemning, yet still gets the point across. The second tweet seems like it’s a fixer of the first statement; you know, that moment when you realize you should have said something in a different way.

OR, he could’ve meant the first one and just threw out the second one of just to get people out of his mentions. I however, based on the context of his other tweets, don’t believe that is the case. But, I’m getting too deep.

Most importantly though, those two statements are completely different. They don’t mean anywhere close to the same thing. SO, I feel like the if the second one went in place of the first one, his comments wouldn’t have been such a big deal and I wouldn’t even be writing this post.

So there. MY personal opinion. If you disagree, you disagree.

On a tangent, one thing people have to remember is that what you as a person go through and how you feel (personal experience and emotion), will never make anything you believe a general fact. EVER. No matter how many people agree with it. And don’t ever forget that a day in your life.

*sigh* This was supposed to be short.

Me: “Hi my name is Danielle and I’m a behavioral science major. I like to dissect people’s opinions, motives and actions. Oh….and I need help.”

Group: “Hi Danielle!”

END.

"She had been too busy trying to transform herself into the kind of person who doesn't need anything..."

"She had been too busy trying to transform herself into the kind of person who doesn't need anything from anybody, a wall of pure bricks. In the meantime, she had forgotten that when people walk into walls of bricks, they get hurt."

- Unknown (via creatingaquietmind)

I don't always make sandwiches, but when I do, I do it...



I don't always make sandwiches, but when I do, I do it forreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment